Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Science Kits Available for Homeschoolers

This is a great way for home education programs to provide state of the art science classes for students.
Science Take-Out is proud to introduce 2 new kits and a new Variety Pack:

pH Testing - Students create their own pH color scales and test the pH of several common liquids.
Pollution Investigation - Students investigate the cause of runoff water pollution and learn about the environmental health effects of pollutants.
Science Take-Out Variety Pack - Get 11 different Science Take-Out kits and save $12!

Here is what students are saying about Science Take-Out kits!


You have everything you need right in front of you and it gave you step by step things to do.
It made me feel like a real scientist, and it also made me think I had a job to do.
I like it because we had all the materials.
It was easy to understand by the step-by-step process.
I like how it's hands on and I like hands on activities.
The lab had everything you need in the bag.
It's a very good learning experiment. I think it helps me learn.
It makes me feel like a scientist. The directions were easy to follow.
We get experience in labs and keeping organized.
It's fun to act like a scientist.
It was very helpful because you didn't have to worry about not having enough of something.
It is easy for me to find everything.
It makes me feel smart.
I like the lab because it came with all the materials with labels. I wasn't confused on what stuff was.
It is fun. You get to do all the work and be smart.
I liked not having to hear orders barked at me.

Science Take-Out at NSTA:

Our collaborators from the University of Rochester's Life Sciences Learning Center will be presenting two workshops at the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) convention in New Orleans:

Science Take-Out: Kidney Function (Friday, March 20, 11:00-12:00 noon, JW Marriot New Orleans) - Experience two Science Take-Out kits, Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Function. Take home a sample kit and information on other Science Take-Out kits.
Molecular Evolution of Cholera (Saturday, March 21, 9:30-10:30 AM, JW Marriot New Orleans) - Experience a brand new Science Take-Out kit being created in collaboration with the University of Rochester. This real-life medical mystery explores the emergence of a new epidemic-causing strain of Vibrio cholerae.


Visit Science Take-Out online at www.sciencetakeout.com to see our entire selection of kits.

For more information about Science Take-Out kits, contact us any time at contact@sciencetakeout.com or call us at (585)764-5400

No comments:

Post a Comment